City of Beacon Board of Ethics members are appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by a unanimous vote of the City Council.
Board of Ethics members are appointed for five-year terms to oversee and implement the City’s Code of Ethics.
Montos Vakirtzis (Chair) 2021
Arthur Camins (Secretary) 2022
Phillip Greenblatt, 2022
Andre Richards, 2020
The Board of Ethics consists of five members. If there are any vacancies and you wish to apply, please visit https://www.cityofbeacon.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Blank_Committee_Application_Fillable-4.pdf
2020 Quarter 1 No Meeting
The City of Beacon Ethics Board shall have the following powers and duties:
- To prescribe and promulgate rules and regulations governing its own organization and procedures in a manner consistent with this Code of Ethics.
- To cause to be filed with the State Ethics Commission a copy of the form or any disclosure statements required to be filed in § 29-7 of this Code of Ethics.
- To review disclosure statements pursuant to § 29-7 of this Code of Ethics.
- To conduct investigations pursuant to § 29-11 of this Code of Ethics.
- To recommend disciplinary action and initiate appropriate actions and proceedings pursuant to § 29-12 of this Code of Ethics.
- To issue advisory opinions pursuant to § 29-13 of this Code of Ethics.
- To provide training and education to City officers and employees on the provisions of the Ethics Code as directed by the City Administrator.
- To prepare an annual report to the City Board summarizing the activities of the Ethics Board and recommend changes to this Code of Ethics, as necessary.