Paying Bills Amid COVID-19:
Due to growing health and safety concerns, the City of Beacon has implemented the following procedures with regard to cash payments.
Cash payments must be made in an envelope marked with your name, address, account and the amount of the payment.
There will be no change provided. Any overages will reflect as a credit on your next invoice. There are envelopes in the lobby for your convenience and a copy of the same can be provided as a receipt if you wish. The envelope will be sealed at the window.
Should you be paying by check we strongly urge you to consider using the dropbox on the sidewalk in front of the Municipal Building, contents of which is gathered twice daily for the safety of our entire community.
- The Water and Sewer Department provides City of Beacon residents with safe, potable water for fire protection and use.
- The Department maintains the sources of water supply, which include reservoirs and wells.
- The Department also provides unabated collection and disposal of all sanitary sewage.
- Personnel perform periodic testing and monitoring of water quality and maintain the water distribution system, including piping and fire hydrants.
- Ongoing maintenance and analysis includes keeping the pipelines and manholes clean, conducting infiltration and inflow studies, and making alterations to ease the burden of high flows during heavy rain periods.