Welcome to the Beacon After School Program, held in J.V. Forrestal, Sargent, and South Ave. Elementary schools. This program offers more than just childcare; the program offers exposure to many different activities; an opportunity for your child to try something new or learn more about something they already enjoy. It is our goal to provide a safe and fun recreational experience to all participating children while providing an opportunity for enrichment.
Our after school program will be a little different than prior years’ programs;
• Children can attend on the days that they are in school.
• Children cannot attend on the days they are learning remotely.
• We will have two 20 week sessions.
• Our program has been streamlined to minimize the number of people interacting to maximize safety
To register for the program, you must commit to the full 20 weeks session. Here’s how it works:
• Select your child’s school and the days they will attend in person. For example, Sargent M/T or Sargent TH/F.
• Register for the program.
• Complete your registration including the minimum deposit of $140.00, you may elect to pay a greater amount. All balances are due by the end of the program session.
Cancellation/ closure policies:
• Refunds will be issued for the balance of the program session if schools are required to close.
• Days missed due to quarantine reasons may receive credit. This will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
• If you wish to drop from the program, you must give us written notice at least one(1) week prior.
Each day, the children are dismissed from their classroom directly to the program, where they have about thirty minutes of free play followed by a snack. From about 3:15 to 4:00 is the first activity period followed by a second fifty-minute activity period. Scheduled activities are complete around 5:30. Parents are welcome to pick their child up at any time prior to 6:00.