COVID-19 Rent Relief Program
The COVID Rent Relief Program will provide eligible households with a one-time rental subsidy that will be sent directly to the household’s landlord. Applicants will not need to repay this assistance.
The rental assistance payment will cover the difference between the household’s rent burden on March 1, 2020 and the increase in rent burden for the months the households is applying for assistance. Households can apply for up to four months in rental assistance.
Dutchess County has partnered with two local agencies, Hudson River Housing and Catholic Charities Community Services of Dutchess County, to provide additional support during the application process to vulnerable households including:
- Extremely low-income households;
- Those with limited English proficiency;
- Those with limited technology skills and access; and
- Those most at risk of homelessness.
Assistance may be requested by calling one of the below numbers:
- Hudson River Housing, 845-337-4407, ext. 105
- Catholic Charities, 845-451-4251
Click here to learn more and apply: https://hcr.ny.gov/RRP