Online FOIL Request Form 

The above link can be used to submit FOIL requests online. A printable copy of the form can be found on the Forms and Documents page.

Municipal ID Program

We will be accepting applications and taking photos at the Clerk’s office during regular business hours, until 3:30pm. We will take the completed application, check supporting documentation, take a photo, and then mail the ID card to residents after printing at a later date. The card will not be issued the same day. You can find the application forms here: English and Spanish. Please come prepared with all required documents.

Do Not Knock Registry

The City of Beacon has established a Do-Not-Knock Registry for City of Beacon residents who do not wish solicitors, peddlers, or hawkers to come to their homes for the purpose of selling. This includes anyone who would come to a door for the purpose of “...requesting, either directly or indirectly, money, credit, funds, contributions, personal property, or anything of value; taking or offering to take orders for goods, wares, and merchandise, except milk or newspapers, or for services to be performed in the future, or for selling, making, manufacturing; or repairing any articles or thing whatsoever for future delivery.”

This change applies only to those individuals selling as described above. It cannot prohibit the distribution of leaflets, pamphlets, or other literature such as commercial, political, or religious material distributed in a lawful manner.

Register Online Here or stop by the City Clerk's office to register and pick up a "No Knocks" sticker.


The role of the City Clerk is established in the City of Beacon Charter § C-4.04. The Clerk receives all official records of the City, records ordinances, issues licenses, etc. City of Beacon Municipal Center.

Payments are accepted until 3:30 p.m.

Vital Statistics

Certified copies of birth, death and marriage records are available through the City Clerk's office. The City only maintains records for births and deaths that occurred within the City of Beacon. Marriage records are maintained by the municipality from which the marriage license was issued (this may, in some instances, differ from the municipality in which you were married).

Note, all records (regardless of municipality) are maintained by New York State. Certified copies of those records are available through the NYS Health Department.

A marriage license can be obtained Monday, Thursday and Friday between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. There is a $40.00 fee (cash or check). There is a 24 hour waiting period and the license is valid for 60 days. The following documents are required — a valid picture ID must be shown, a certified birth certificate, and if married prior, copies of all certified filed divorce decrees and/or death certificates. Second ceremonies must bring in original Marriage Certificate. All documents must be officially translated in English.

Officiants must be able to perform ceremonies in New York State. We have no additional requirements or registry of officiants.

Marriage License Fee — $40

All dogs, three months and older living in the City of Beacon, must be licensed with the City. Licenses are issued on an annual basis.

Required Documentation:

  • Updated copy of the dog's rabies certificate
  • Proof of spaying / neutering
    (if this info is not printed on rabies certificate)

Dog licensing yearly fees:

  • Spayed/neutered — $12.50
  • Un-spayed/Un-neutered — $22.50
  • Replacement tags — $5.00

Dog Control:

Dog Control Officer, Timothy Sanker  may be contacted though the City of Beacon Main Office during regular business hours at 845-838-5000, ext. 0.  After-hours, Mr. Sanker may be contacted for dog matters requiring immediate attention by contacting the Beacon Police Department at 845-831-4111.

New York State's Freedom of Information Law (Public Officers Law §87 et. seq.) allows members of the public to access records of governmental agencies. FOIL provides a process for the review and copying of an agency's records.

More about the Freedom of Information Law is available from the Committee on Open Government.

The FOIL Request Form is available online, or on the Forms and Documents page.

Motor vehicle accident reports can be requested and obtained directly from the police department. All other requests for incident reports should use the FOIL request form or our online FOIL application.

Completed forms may be submitted in person or via mail to:
Iola C. Taylor, City Clerk
1 Municipal Plaza, Suite 1
Beacon, NY 12508

Or via email to
Or by fax to (845) 838-5012

The City Clerk receives all service of process for lawsuits.

The City Clerk's Office issues the following:

  • Garbage/recycle tickets
  • Parking permits
  • Unregistered vehicle permits

Notice of Claim forms can be found here, and submitted to the City Clerk's Office. Please include any supporting documentation, including photos, police reports, etc.

Please review the Notice of Claim Disclaimer prior to submitting the forms.